Navaratri is a 9 days long festival which is celebrated with dance and colours. Navaratri means Nine (Nava) Nights (Ratri), the festival is celebrated for 9 nights for worshiping Goddess Durga also known as Shakti. 9 different forms of Durga are worshiped in this 9 Nights and on the 10th day, the idol of the Goddess is immersed into the water as Visarjan.
Navaratri is one of the biggest festivals celebrated in Indian and in different parts of the world too. The women from various cultures in our country wear nine different coloured sarees in these 9 days of celebration.
Happy Navaratri 2017 Colours with Date
|Day 1: 21st September||Pratipada||Yellow|
|Day 2: 22nd September||Dwitiya||Green|
|Day 3: 23rd September||Tritiya||Grey|
|Day 4: 24th September||Chaturthi||Orange|
|Day 5: 25th September||Panchami||White|
|Day 6: 26th September||Shashti||Red|
|Day 7: 27th September||Saptami||Royal Blue|
|Day 8: 28th September||Ashtami||Pink|
|Day 9: 29th September||Navami||Purple|
Let’s find out the 9 different forms of Durga which are worshiped in this period along with the colors for the particular day: –
- Day 1: – 21st September 2017 – Navaratri Pratipada, Colour of the day is Yellow and Devi Shailaputri is worshiped. She is the daughter (Putri) of Himalaya (Shaila) and the energy source to the Tridev i.e. Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh.
- Day 2: – 22nd September 2017 – Navaratri Dwitiya, Colour of the day is Green and Devi Bhrahmacharini is worshiped. This form of Devi represents blissfulness and moksha.
- Day 3: – 23rd September 2017 – Navaratri Tritiya, Colour of the day is Grey and Devi Chandraghanta is worshiped. She is the slayer of evil forces who rides a tiger and has 10 arms and adores a bell shaped moon.
- Day 4: – 24th September 2017 – Navaratri Chaturthi, Colour of the day is Orange and Devi Kushmanda is worshiped. She is stated as the creator of the universe.
- Day 5: – 25th September 2017 – Navaratri Panchami and Devi Skandamata is worshiped who is the mother of Skanda or Kartikeya, the chief warrior of the Gods. Colour of the day is White.
- Day 6: – 26th September 2017 – Navaratri Shashti and the Colour of the day is Red. Devi Katyayani, the daughter of sage Katyayan is worshipped in this day. She is a fierce form of Devi Durga.
- Day 7: – 27th September 2017 – Navaratri Saptami and the Colour of the day is Royal Blue. Devi Kaalratri is worshiped in this day and she is the most terrifying and ruthless form of Devi Durga.
- Day 8: – 28th September 2017 – Navaratri Ashtami and the Colour of the day is Pink. In this day, Devi Maha Gauri is worshipped.
- Day 9: – 29th September 2017 – Navaratri Navami (Mahanavami) and the Colour of the day is Purple. In this day, Devi Siddhidatri is worshipped who is known to be the giver of boons and fulfill the wishes of her devotees.
The 10th Day is the Vijayadashami. In this day, the idol of the Devi is immersed into the water.
Navaratri is celebrated twice in a year once during. These are: –
- Ashwina Navaratri or Sharada Navaratri: – Sharada means autumn, this is the most celebrated one. In 2017, it will begin on 21st September 2017 and end on 29th September 2017.
- Vasanta Navaratri: – This is celebrated during Vasanata or Spring season which is post winter.
Lesser Known Facts
Very few people know that Navaratri is actually celebrated four times in a year. The other than the Sharada and Vasanta Navaratri, the other two are Magha Navaratri (During January -February) and Ashada Navaratri (During June-July).